When in doubt, I say do a list post.
I had this idea while laying in bed last night (I also have some pretty decent ideas while I’m on the toilet.)
And sometimes I just wing it.
Those of you who have been my blog companions since the beginning might notice a few repeats here, but I shall try my hardest to come up with things that I have yet to share before.
- I didn’t start loving The Beatles until I was 34 and I am now 41. I was a late bloomer.
- There is no way in hell that I would ever trip on acid.
- I never learned how to roller-skate because I am a firm believer that feet shouldn’t have wheels on them.
- My first defense when someone is being an asshole to me is sarcasm. Crying usually comes 2nd.
- I met my best friend and Beatles buddy Cheryl in 2011 while I was doing outpatient at the psych hospital. I wasn’t quite bad enough to be admitted then. I was wearing my Beatles hoodie and that started a conversation.
- We live about 5 minutes away from each other and both have fibromyalgia, as well as depression/anxiety.
- In real life, I am extremely shy. But once I get to know you, I can talk your fucking ears off.
- My best blog friend is Alice (not her real name.) We chat on Facebook every day. We call ourselves The Wonder Twins because we are silly like that.
- I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder when I was 8 years old. Maybe 9. All I know is that I was young.
- I also saw my first therapist during the same age range.
- My favorite blog is No Talent For Certainty.
- The first thing to go when I am severely depressed is my sense of humor. (Which makes sense.)
- I grew up Catholic and seriously contemplated being a nun for a short time.
- I hate wearing jewelry. It is pretty, though. Shiny.
- I kept a diary from age 13 until I was 22. I only stopped because my ex decided that he had the right to read what I wrote.
- I had a children’s story “The Magic Squirrel” that I wrote for my creative writing class published in my high schools magazine.
- I always had a dog growing up.
- My favorite vegetable is asparagus.
- My least favorite vegetable is cauliflower.
- I’ve done a fair amount of traveling in my life. I’ve been to Las Vegas and went on a Caribbean cruise.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I came close to electrifying myself to death once. Sadly, I did not gain any superpowers.
- Strong winds creep me the fuck out.
- When I am feeling really lazy, instead of plucking my chin hairs, I will shave them off.
- I do not recommend this form of hair removal.
- I can’t whistle for shit.
- I can only snap my fingers on my right hand.
- I started smoking when I was 17, because I was stupid.
- I have given up smoking weed. (Until they legalize it and I can get some that doesn’t make me even more lethargic than I already am, thank you very much.)
- Not to brag, but I have tremendous willpower. (See #28.)
- I try not to take naps, because who the hell wants to wake up twice in a day!?
- I was disturbed for weeks after watching the movie “Titanic.”
- The first time that I saw the movie “Love Story,” I cried like a baby for at least a half hour afterwards.
- One of my most irksome fibromyalgia symptoms is my body’s inability to regulate temperature. I can go from freezing to sweating in a matter of minutes.
- I am part introvert and part extrovert, which can get annoying.
- I have numerous cousins, but I am not close to about 97% of them.
- My attitude towards them is “whatever.”
- I am positive that I was born with fibromyalgia.
- I have one brother and am 4 years older than him.
- Don’t hate, but I am not a fan of Star Wars.
- I played with my Barbies until I was 15.
- I didn’t have my first real boyfriend until I was 21.
- The son of a bitch broke my heart.
- I grew up about 1 mile away from Lake Erie.
- I have always been overweight. (I hate the word obese.)
- I am shrinking. I used to be 5 feet 7 inches and am now 5 feet 6 inches. The nurse told me that this is a normal phenomena.
- I ended up taking an extra semester of gym class in high school, because a friend of mine and I were having fun. Imagine that!!
- I am a cheapskate by nature, except when it comes to buying my damn cigarettes.
- I ate escargot once and almost hurled.
- Ever since my dad died, I have yearned for a father figure in my life.
Holy shitballs, that was heavy, man!!
I hope that you were entertained, or at least feel as though you know me a little better.
(Joy and rapture, right?)
If you’re feeling bold, feel free to do 50 Little Things yourself. Or not.
It’s all good.